Instagram launches tags highlighting creator credits
Instagram has launched enhanced tags on the platform with the intent to make it easier for creators to receive credits for their work.
Rightful crediting has been one of the concerns faced by creators and holds elevated significance for marginalized and underrepresented creators and collaborators who are often behind the scenes, and to address this concern, Instagram has launched tags highlighting creator credits.
Users have found alternatives to credit, such as tagging one another in captions and photos, so the platform has rolled out this feature to enable users in crediting creators in a uniform manner.
Enhanced tags allow a creator’s self-designated profile category on their professional accounts to be displayed in their People Tag so that people can share and view a creator’s specific contribution to a photo or video post. Collaborators, artists, and more of such people whose contributions are often invisible on the screen, will now be more visible in the post.
How to use enhanced tags
- Open the Instagram app and tap the (+) in the top right corner
- Create a new Post and tap Next
- Make any creative edits then tap Next
- After writing a caption, tap Tag People
- Select Add Tag and search and select your contributors
- Tap Show Profile Category to display the creator category
- Tap Done
- Once additional tags and details are added, tap Share