Pinterest now allows users to share idea pins on other platforms
Pinterest has released a new update, now giving users the option to download and share their Idea Pins on other social media platforms. For now, these platforms include Facebook and Instagram.
This is a major upgrade for Pinterest creators with significant followings on Facebook and/or Instagram. Pinners now can easily repurpose their Story-like content on Pinterest and share their creations with multiple communities.
Idea Pins are Pinterest’s native publishing format that was first introduced to creators in 2020 and rolled out globally in 2021. Idea Pins are a multi-page canvas to share unique ideas, tutorials, passions with others. They last forever, and are a way for creators to grow an audience on Pinterest. In Pinterest’s “Watch” tab Pinners find a full-screen feed of Idea Pins to scroll through and engage with fresh content from brands and creators, so Idea Pins continue to be discoverable by everyone… Now, with the new Idea Pin sharing option, a creator’s original Pinterest content can go even further reaching new audiences on and off Pinterest. This could even help brands and creators looking for better story creation tools.
Ever since the release of Idea Pins last year, Pinterest has continued to improve this tool with the new video and photo editing options. Some of the many options available for use with the Idea Pin creation tool now include:
- Video recording and editing for up to 20 pages of content
- Voice over recording so creators can add their own personal voice
- Music selection by Epidemic Sound
- Ghost mode transition tools (perfect for those before-and-afters!)
- Detail pages for instructions or ingredients
- Interactive elements like people tagging and stickers
- Multi-draft save so Creators can publish more ideas
- Export options to share content beyond Pinterest
Once you’ve created your Idea Pin, click the share icon and choose between the “FBStories” or “IG Stories” icon in the share menu. This will automatically initiate a download and send users to the Facebook or Instagram app to edit and upload their content.