5 Trends that will shape Digital Marketing in 2023
As the world of digital marketing evolves, new trends and technologies emerge every year. In this article, we explain five major changes in store for the next 12 months: don’t miss the opportunity to update your 2023 growth strategy.
1. Artificial Intelligence as a Marketing Secret Weapon: As artificial intelligence matures, companies are exploring new ways to engage their customers. One such route is through artificial intelligence (AI). Businesses can use AI for many purposes, including improving customer service by delivering personalized ad campaigns, or even creating products from scratch! With so many benefits offered by this technology, it’s no wonder that businesses around the world have already started to embrace its use to achieve efficiency while staying on top of customer desires. However, as with any new technology, there are also potential risks associated with AI, such as privacy issues and the potential for biased results. AI is likely to become an increasingly important part of the digital marketing mix.
Keep an eye on it and see how you can use AI to improve the digital marketing aspect of your business:
AI will change the way digital marketers collect and analyze data. Marketers will increasingly rely on AI-powered tools to help them understand the vast amounts of data, better understand customer behaviour, design more targeted marketing campaigns and measure success. digital marketing practices. Tensorflow and Gretel are some examples of AI data tools that help marketers gain insights from all marketing data and make smarter decisions, make more accurate predictions, and improve performance. effectiveness of their marketing campaigns.
AI will also allow marketers to personalize their communications with consumers, sending them highly personalized messages based on their specific needs and interests. This personalized way of communicating will be extremely valuable in building customer loyalty and increasing sales. It is worth checking out some of the AI communication tools to keep up to date with digital marketing trends in 2023 and articles.
AI can also help digital marketers automate copywriting, keyword research, and even video creation. For example, Jasper is an AI-powered writing tool that offers personalized writing tips. Whether you’re writing for social media, email marketing, or even your website content, Jasper will help you craft the perfect post for maximum impact. Descript is another AI video/audio editing tool that can also convert audio and video files to text, making it easy to create subtitles or subtitles for your videos.
There is no doubt that artificial intelligence will play a major role in digital marketing trends over the next year. Thanks to AI, marketers can make their work more data-driven and personalized than ever before, and more efficiently too!
2. Dominate search results by being language-ready: If someone told you 10 years ago that Siri would make its way into digital marketing, would you believe it? Fast forward and we see voice search and digital assistants as a huge digital marketing opportunity. The convenience of using our voice to search for what we need has transformed voice search from a niche technology into an integral part of many people’s lives.
You wonder why?
Here are 3 main reasons:
1. More and more people are using voice assistants like Siri, Alexa, Bixby and Google Assistant to find information online. Therefore, marketers need to optimize their content for voice search if they want to be found by their audience. We are talking about SEO!
2. Currently, digital assistants are mainly used for basic tasks like setting timers and playing music, but in the future, they will be able to answer complex questions. For example, instead of seeing or hearing an advertisement and having to mentally process it, people can ask digital assistants questions about products and get instant answers.
3. In the past, voice-enabled devices were mostly limited to smartphones and smart speakers, but now they’re everywhere – TVs, cars, and appliances, making it easier for consumers to interact with brands and make purchasing decisions without ever needing to use a screen.
3. Let Customers Experience your Brand in Metaverse: Another recent development that is expected to have a major impact on digital marketing is the rise of the Metaverse. Metaverse offers an immersive new way to experience the Internet that has already changed the way digital marketers reach consumers.
In Metaverse, brands can create their own 3D virtual spaces that can be used for everything from product launches to virtual events and trade shows. It includes the use of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and mixed reality (MR).
Metaverse is expected to replace traditional websites as the primary way consumers interact with brands online.
Here are some examples of how brands can use Metaverse:
Brand Experience: Brands will be able to create immersive experiences within Metaverse that allow them to engage with customers on a deeper level. For example, Nike has set up a virtual store in the Metaverse that allows customers to try on and buy shoes without having to leave their homes. Coca-Cola also used Metaverse to create a virtual version of its popular Happiness Machine.
Virtual games: The metaverse can be used to create the most exciting marketing opportunities, such as play-to-earn games. Players can earn rewards for completing tasks or reaching certain milestones, and the rewards can be redeemed for real-world products or virtual in-game items. This represents a unique opportunity for companies to promote their products and implement a new marketing strategy to captivate audiences.
Hyper-targeting: By understanding the unique context of the metaverse, digital marketers can hyper-target their audience with laser-like precision. Contextualization will be one of the most important digital trends to emerge over time. In the Metaverse, context can be used to raise awareness of a product or service through targeted advertisements and in-game events.
Metaverse will have a major impact on how brands interact with consumers online, collecting valuable customer behaviour data to optimize their digital marketing strategies. Marketers who can adapt to this virtual dimension will be well-positioned for success.
4. GDPR and Marketing: How do you align growth and data privacy?: As we all know, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a set of regulations that member states of the European Union must implement to protect their citizens’ online privacy. The regulation went into effect on May 25, 2018. Since then, growth marketers have had to comply with these regulations or risk hefty fines.
How will the GDPR affect growth marketing in 2023?
First-hand data: Another way GDPR is impacting growth marketing is that brands are focusing more on first-hand data. First-party data is data that a brand collects directly from its customers. This data is considered more accurate and reliable than third-party data, which is data collected by other companies and then sold to brands. Therefore, brands need to focus more on first-party data collection to effectively target their customers in their growth marketing efforts. Under the GDPR, brands must also obtain explicit consent from users before collecting and using their data.
EU law changes: EU data law builds on the GDPR by extending the same requirements to all devices that generate and store data, including smartwatches, fitness trackers and other portable devices. EU data law will also require companies to provide clear and concise information about their data collection and processing activities. Furthermore, the EU law on artificial intelligence (AI) is currently in the proposal stage. This legislation would classify AI applications into three risk categories: unacceptable risk, high risk, and others. Companies using voice assistants and AI products, such as resume scanning tools that screen candidates, will need to consider the future requirements they will be responsible for in terms of device data collection and processing.
The GDPR will have a major impact on email marketing: According to the GDPR, growth marketers will need to obtain users’ explicit consent before sending them emails. Additionally, they will need to provide a way for users to easily unsubscribe from their mailing list. As a result, digital marketers will need to pay more attention to the collection and use of email addresses. They must ensure that their marketing content is relevant and valuable enough to keep users interested in receiving it.
So that’s it! These are just some of the ways GDPR will affect growth marketing in 2023. Marketers need to make smart marketing adjustments and keep up to date with the latest EU regulations.
5. New Platforms and more personal Marketing due to the fragmented Digital Marketing Landscape: In January 2022, social media giants Meta and Twitter lost 26% and 31% of their shares respectively due to low user engagement. The loss in value has affected not only the platforms themselves but also the digital marketing landscape as a whole. Due to the drop in stock prices of Meta and Twitter, many brands have started to reevaluate their social media strategies.
This trend will become much more visible in 2023:
Innovative New Platforms: Due to declining user engagement with Meta and Twitter, digital marketing could face some major changes in the future. That is why new platforms (e.g. Tik Tok) may slowly emerge to take advantage of this situation. Startups and small businesses have a better chance of success.
Creative and personalized digital marketing: Declining user engagement in Meta and Twitter is driving businesses to find new ways to reach their target audiences in the future. It can also lead to the more creative use of digital marketing tools, such as influencer and content marketing. Therefore, we can expect an increase in user-generated content (UGC) and more organic ways of advertising products and services.
New rules and freedom of expression: Equality, more democratic rules and freedom of expression will become a new trend on all digital platforms. This will level the playing field for digital marketers who need to focus on creating truly compelling content if they want to reach their target audience without ideological barriers. Additionally, the new rules also prohibit platform providers from collecting data about their users without their consent. This makes it much harder for marketers to target ads and create personalized user experiences.
In any case, the reduced influence of Meta and Twitter will undoubtedly change the landscape of digital marketing in 2023. By leveraging authenticity, new platforms and rules with free speech, brands could establish deeper connections with their customers and generate results in the future.
5 Key Areas that will impact Growth Marketing in 2023 – a recap
In summary, these 5 key areas will have the greatest impact on the future of digital marketing in 2023:
1. Artificial intelligence
2. Voice search and digital assistants
4. General Data Protection Regulation
5. New platforms and more personal marketing are in step with the fragmentation of the digital marketing landscape